The online world – and particularly social media – have revolutionized the Real Estate business. The study The Real Estate Industry and Social Media Use confirms that 84% of real estate professionals have used social media to increase sales and build a name for their business. Facebook is a big player in this field, with 79% of professionals using pages and posts to reach out to customers, while YouTube and a video strategy are proving to be beneficial when connecting with community.
Through social media, real estate professionals can monitor and manage a brand reputation, building customer loyalty and a market presence. Facebook, Twitter and industry-specific networks like Active Rain are the same tools millions use every day and therefore ideal for finding and connecting with customers in real time.
Here are 7 Tips to build a social media presence for your real estate business.
- Know Your Audience – This is a no-brainer for professionals of all levels and industries, but especially helpful when it comes to establishing a business in a real estate market niche. Your audience may be hanging out in a variety of social networks; once you identify these you can reach out to people in your industry. Ask yourself, what kind of information is my client looking for today? This will help drive your content strategy (see below).
- Use Facebook to Build a Community – A strategic Facebook page with relevant content has enormous potential for Realtors in growing their brand, promoting new properties and even selling with social. A well-curated Facebook page can also generate leads and website traffic.
- Use LinkedIn to Find Clients – LinkedIn is a tremendous tool for Real Estate professionals in finding professional contacts and reaching new clients – look for real estate developers, homebuilders and rental agencies in order to start establishing relationships. LinkedIn property groups are the perfect starting point.
- Video and YouTube Increase Transparency – Done professionally, a video or collections of videos can have a positive impact on your real estate business. 73% of homeowners say they are more likely to list with a Realtor offering to do video. Video offers transparency and adds a personal touch to your brand that is inaccessible with other types of content.
- Remember, Real Estate is Local – Investing in property isn’t only the start to building a home, it’s also becoming part of the neighborhood. Knowing your audience means knowing what locations are trendy or beneficial to clients, in effect making that Real Estate professional stand out above the rest. When selling property, geographical targeting through ads offers potential benefits as well.
- Develop a Solid Content Strategy – The goal of a real estate professional’s online community is to be helpful, knowledgeable, and above all valuable. Your content should add value and be consistent. Having a large number of social connections is only a piece of the pie – to utilize these connections professionals need to build a RELATIONSHIP. This relationship comes from trust and added value, two things social media and well-curated content can help establish.
- Define and Measure Your Success – What defines success for your brand? Perhaps its clicks on a new promotion or engagement on a Facebook posts. Whatever the answer, be sure to define these goals and measure accordingly through your chosen analytics programs in order to see the big picture.
Social Media isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Now is the perfect time to start incorporating new social tools into your overall marketing strategy. How do you use Social Media to promote your business?